MG Engineering Inc. (MG) provides Engineering, Design, Management, and Consulting services to the Pulp and Paper, Chemical, Oil and Gas, and Mining Industries, as well as services to Port Terminals, Power Plants, and Municipalities.
The company was founded in 2002 by Merv Hunter and Gordon Milne, and has offices in Vancouver and Gibsons, British Columbia. MG has gathered experienced engineers, designers, industry specialists, project managers, and drafters to form an effective multi-disciplinary engineering group. MG currently employs forty employees and contractors. MG provides cost-effective preliminary and detailed engineering with realistic project cost estimates that enable our clients to make informed decisions regarding their operations.
MG excels in projects that involve the modification of existing processes and/or structures. MG is adept at working with clients and their equipment vendors to install new systems or components to existing facilities.
Our success stems from the ability to combine the following essential elements:
• Understanding client goals, concerns, and objectives.
• Communicating with clients throughout the project.
• Defining the schedule and tasks for each step of the project.
• Delivering projects on time and within budget.
• Engineering and designing facilities that perform as intended.
Quality is an integral part of our business. Based on our technical knowledge and feedback from the client, we produce practical solutions and documentation tailored to each client’s needs. All documentation (including estimates and drawings) issued to clients is thoroughly reviewed and checked. Field inspections are completed as a part of our quality control procedures for detailed engineering projects.
For a typical project, MG produces and provides the following:
- An engineering study with a preliminary cost estimate
- P&C/P&ID, general arrangement, mechanical/piping, civil/structural and electrical/instrumentation drawings
- Engineering calculations
- A project schedule
- Equipment specifications and procurement documents
- A construction budget
- Engineering field assistance
- Construction supervision and contract administration services
MG Engineering Inc. has expertise in projects involving modifications to existing processes. A clear knowledge of our client’s needs and expectations results in improved processes, minimum shutdown durations and timely start-ups.
MG has experience in providing the following services:
- Project Development
- Process Studies
- Conceptual Studies
- Cost Estimating
- Project Implementation
- Project and Construction Management (including scheduling and start-up assistance)
- Technical Services (including preliminary and detailed Engineering)
- Site Assistance
- Engineering Support
- Maintenance and Reliability Planning
- Shutdown Planning and Supervision
Memberships, Affiliations, and Certifications
Our Memberships to Professional Associations Include:
- Registered professional engineers with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Permit holder and registered professional engineers with the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Registered professional engineers with the State of Washington Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors (BORPELS)
- Structural Engineering Association of BC (SEABC)
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)